Trucking Company Overview:
Founded more than 50 years ago, Crete Carrier has grown to one of the nation’s largest, privately held trucking companies. Along with sister company, Shaffer Trucking, and wholly-owned subsidiary, Hunt Transportation, Crete Carrier Corporation operates as a truckload and flatbed carrier of virtually any commodity. At Crete Carrier, we are dedicated to our drivers. As a result, we have one of the lowest driver turnover rates in the industry; with drivers staying with us three times longer than they do our competition. Our professional drivers are among the best on the highways, meeting standards far exceeding those required by the U.S. Department of Transportation.
Crete Carrier drivers are among the best in the business – committed to safety, productivity and professionalism. And we’re committed to helping them succeed with top pay, great benefits and dedicated support teams. We’re family-owned and debt-free, so you know we’ll be here for you.
Ask our drivers how they feel about Crete. Then give us a call or apply online.
CRETE CARRIER CORPORATION among 2019 'BEST FLEETS TO DRIVE FOR'
Each year a list of the Top 20 Best Fleets is produced by CarriersEdge, in partnership with Truckload Carriers Association. The Best Fleets to Drive For® is an annual survey and contest that identifies the for-hire carriers providing the best workplace experiences for their drivers. The competition is open to all for-hire trucking companies operating 10 trucks or more in the United States or Canada. There is no cost to participate, and fleets do not have to be TCA members.
"When it comes to working with drivers, our Top 20 Best Fleets to Drive For are North America's best-of-the best in the for-hire trucking segment," said CarriersEdge Chief Executive Officer Jane Jazrawy. "This recognition program is now in its 11th year, and each year we've seen fleets up their game - making a positive difference in the lives of drivers with innovative programs."
Crete Carrier Pay
- OTR drivers start out earning $.51 - $.57 per practical mile, based on experience
- The top 50% of our OTR drivers average $81,300 per year
- Awarded as a Top Pay Certified Carrier by the NTI for over 10 years
- Safe Driver Productivity Bonus
- Guaranteed Detention Pay
Benefits of Joining Crete Carrier
- Full benefits: Health from BCBS, dental, vision, life and 401K
- Annual profit sharing contribution
- Contributed $12 million toward employee profit sharing in 2019!
- Pet Policy: 2 dogs or cats
- No-cost rider policy
- Increased cruise speed
- Paid orientation
- Industry leading CSA scores
- Average equipment age of 2 years
- Dedicated Dispatch 24/7
Truck Driver Qualifications
- Valid Class A CDL
- One year of verifiable tractor trailer experience *
- Has passed the required company and DOT physical, required drug test, company in-truck driving test, and otherwise meets DOT requirements
- Stable, verifiable work history
- Minimum 22 years old
- Has an acceptable driving record as reflected by MVR and PSP with no major preventable accident in the most recent five years
- No DUI or DWI convictions or positive drug screens or events in the past five years
- Able to perform functions set forth in the job description
*Some area restrictions apply
Click to apply or call TODAY!
CRETE CARRIER TERMINAL LOCATIONS:
Crete Carrier offers many terminal locations across the continental United States. Most offer showers, coffee cafe & laundry. Some offer DOT physicals and maintenance shops.
- Phoenix, Arizona
- West Memphis, Arkansas
- Deland, Florida
- Mariette, Georgia
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Mankato, Minnesota
- Kansas City, Missouri
- Lincoln, Nebraska (Headquarters)
- North Platte, Nebraska (Walmart Fleet Drivers Only)
- Omaha, Nebraska
- Greensboro, North Carolina
- Columbus, Ohio
- Pauls Valley, Oklahoma (Walmart Fleet Drivers Only)
- Tulsa, Oklahoma
- New Kingstown, Pennsylvania
- Lenoir City, Tennessee
- Wilmer, Texas
- Salt Lake, Utah
- #1 Cheyenne, Wyoming
- #2 Cheyenne, Wyoming (Walmart Fleet Drivers Only)
- Company Driver
- Owner Operator
- District Of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia