Trucking Company Overview:
Vistar customers are everywhere people work, play and shop. Vistar is America’s leading candy, snack and beverage distributor with over 25 distribution centers delivering everything from popcorn to healthy meal replacements anywhere in the United States. Our success is rooted in working closely with our suppliers and customers to stay ahead of the latest snacking trends. Vistar has thrived by innovating, exceeding customer expectations and fostering a collaborative culture built on teamwork, doing what’s right, and giving back to the communities we do business in.
- Weekends off!
- 4/10 schedule
- Paid 5th day bonus
- Guaranteed 40 hours per week
- Primarily pallet deliveries
- Majority of dispatches are early morning
- Trucks are lift gate equipped
- Electric pallet jacks provided
- Eligible for Day 1 Health, Vision, & Dental Benefits Coverage!
- 401K matched dollar for dollar
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Vacation, Personal Holidays, Company Holidays, and Sick paid time off
- Life insurance
- Annual Safety Bonus
- Quarterly Attendance Bonus
This driver role is responsible for driving a tractor trailer or straight truck intrastate and/or interstate on local, over-the-road (OTR), shuttle, and/or overnight routes to deliver and unload various food and food related products to customers. All routes are expected to be completed safely in accordance with all Company policies and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. The driver communicates and interacts with customers, vendors and co-workers professionally ensuring all services and duties are executed in accordance with preferred work methods and customer service practices.
Perform all required safety checks (i.e. pre/post trip) including inspections of tractor/truck and trailer according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations; inspect tractor/truck and trailer to insure they meet company safety standards and take appropriate action as needed. Report all safety issues and/or repairs required.
- Follow all DOT regulations and company safe driving guidelines and policies. Immediately report any and all safety hazards.
- Inspect trailer for properly loaded and secured freight. Perform count check of items and check customer invoices of products that have been loaded. Check and complete in an accurate and in legible fashion all required paper work associated with freight. Move tractor to the loading dock and attach preloaded trailer as needed.
- Drive to and deliver customer orders according to predetermined route delivery schedule.
- Unload products from the trailer, transport items into designated customer storage areas. Perform damage control checks on items, scanning and contact supervisor about removing orders according to company policy. Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Collect money (cash or checks) where required. Load customer returns on to trailer and secure trailer doors.
- Ensure that tractor, trailer and freight are appropriately locked and/or secured at all times.
- Unload damaged goods and customer returns and bring to the driver check-in and complete necessary paperwork. Unload all equipment, materials and remove trash from trailers as required.
- Complete daily record of hours of service and enter in log in accordance with Federal DOT, state and company requirements.
- Perform general housekeeping duties in tractor, loading dock area and keep trailers clear and clean as required. At the end of the shift secure all equipment and complete all necessary paperwork.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
• High school diploma/GED or state approved equivalent
• Valid CDL A
• Meet all State licensing and/or certification requirements (where applicable)
• Must be 21 years of age
• Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) for past 3 years
• Pass post offer drug test and criminal background check
• Pass road test
• Valid current DOT Health Card and/or able to secure new DOT Health Card
• Able to hand-lift and utilize two-wheeler, lift gate and/or other equipment to move and/or stack product cases/freight of varying size and weight throughout shift; product generally ranges from between 10-35 pounds and up to between approximately 60 and 90 pounds, depending on the location
• 1+ years commercial driving experience
• Foodservice distribution industry experience
• Onboard computer and electronic log system experience (i.e. PeopleNet)
• Hand-held point of delivery scanning system experience (i.e. POD)
• Customer service related work experience
- Company Driver