Zeco, LLC Jobs412 Georgia Avenue, #300
Chattanooga, TN 37403
Trucking Company Overview:
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Regional CDL Truck Driver with Tanker & HAZMAT endorsements to deliver dry van freight. The driver is responsible for the safe and timely delivery of the company’s chemical products to customers and distribution centers located in key areas to support our customer base on a Regional level. Trips will be a combination of short and long distances, the driver must comply with Department of Transportation rules and regulations while maintaining a safe work environment, and adhering to Company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Pick up and/or deliver the load on time in a safe and efficient manner.
• Apply knowledge of commercial driving and skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather or in tight loading dock areas.
• Operate equipment, such as truck cab computers/tablet, CB radios, and telephones, to maintain contact with Distribution Manager to exchange necessary information, receive instructions, be dispatched to new location, report vehicle defects, accidents, or traffic violations.
• Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
• Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
• Load or unload, or assists in loading and/or unloading truck ranging from 50-100 pounds, utilizing pallet jack or other equipment, and operate/maintain portable pumping units.
• Follow all safety regulations, MSDS, and PPE requirements when working around chemicals.
• Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain, binders, or covers.
• Maintains various required driver logs, time and trip reports, vehicle inspection reports, and expense reports, following applicable state and federal regulations.
• Collect delivery instructions from Distribution Manager, verifying instructions and routes. Ensure the accuracy of all shipping document is correct and provides enough information to provide for an on time and safe pick up or delivery.
• Need to make sure of weight and proper D.O.T classification on the paperwork to insure load is legal for transport.
• Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
• Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and along routes to document weights and to comply with state regulations.
• Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons, including tractor-trailer combinations, to transport and deliver chemical products, and other materials.
• Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and collect payment for services if required.
• Inventory and inspect goods to be moved to determine quantities and conditions.
• Obey traffic laws and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
• Services truck with oil, fuel, and radiator fluid to maintain tractor-trailer.
• Completes special projects upon requests, and other duties may be assigned.
Required: Must have Class A Commercial Driver License (CDL) with Tanker and Hazmat endorsements from the state of residence. Must have TWIC Card or willing to obtain. Must be able to pass all Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements, including physical and drug screen. Must be at least 25 years of age.
Preferred: Strong leadership skills, independent thinking capability, strong organizational and planning skills, and excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations.
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Required: Proven safety record and stable work history
- Company Driver